Monday 9 March 2020

Trolley 410

An early morning run - early for me that is - into town on the bicycle this morning led to the capture, from opposite the main entrance to Wetherspoons (open 0800-2400 most days of the week) of the first trolleys of the week. One of each size from Waitrose.

I invested a £1 coin to unchain them for ease of walking, a coin which was, in the event, returned at the Waitrose stack.

Having not used the cycle track over the busy West Hill, which I perhaps should have done, I did try the cycle track on the path running from Waterloo Road down to Court Rec., but I did not much care for that either. Busy with pedestrians, some mums with pushchairs, and if you ring your bell that makes them jump - and if you don't that makes them jump too. I thought using Temple Road, quiet as it happened, was the better bet.

Picked up the day's Guardian, then up the hill to inspect the Baufritz prefab up on Christchurch Mount. A van was present there, so presumably something was going on, but nothing much appeared to have changed since my last visit. Indeed, looking at reference 1, the scaffolding might be on the increase rather than the decrease. There were also some useful looking bits of timber next to their skip, probably destined for waste, so I must keep an eye out in case they become salvageable.

PS: but why does Blogger make the Wetherspoon's opening times into a link? I link I can neither remove nor resolve?

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/02/quick-build-houses.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment