Sunday 29 March 2020

Bricks

A lazy day on the bricks today with just over two heaps, that is to say 36 bricks or 4.788km. Along the way establishing that seven bricks in a row is about as many as I can count just by looking at them. There is scanning action with eight.

Lazy, because I was duty chef for lunch, lunch which took the form of macaroni cheese with boiled crinkly cabbage. I had to take a lot of liberties with the recipe in the usually reliable Radiation Cookbook, as I thought it had got it largely wrong. For example, they suggest what I thought was far too much cheese, more by weight than the macaroni. But it served to remind me of the ingredients needed and the ratio of fat to flour.

Nine ounces of macaroni proved more than the two of us could manage in one go and seven would probably have been enough. Balance due to hit the microwave tomorrow.

PS: on the trap scene, this morning we had one trap sprung, one small dead mouse, cleanly killed, and two traps untouched. We will keep going until we draw another blank.

No comments:

Post a Comment