Sunday 15 March 2020

Trolley 417

I came across this trolley on my way home yesterday, tipped over between the Ford Centre and Screwfix. Stashed by the fence for collection the next day.

Still there this morning and returned to the empty regular stack at Kiln Lane.

Amused by the young man in front of me the whole way, sporting a Sainsbury's top, sporting very miserable body language. Going along rather slowly, that is to say at about the same speed as me, with everything about him suggesting that he would have much preferred to be tucked up in bed, at home. Having to turn up for his shift at Sainsbury's was almost too much for him. Needless to say, he did not think it any part of his duties to take the trolley.

It is possible, I suppose, that he did not like to spoil my sport, but that seems rather unlikely.

Returned via the convenience store in Waterloo Road - the Fahim Brothers Cash & Carry according to Street View - to stock up on Californian walnuts - and where I was also able to get a few small cucumbers, which can be rather good. Apparently not to be had in Sainsbury's and only rarely to be had in Waitrose.

No comments:

Post a Comment