Sunday 1 March 2020

Piano 44

Piano 44 was a small Steinway grand, brought into the Chapel Royal at Hampton Court Palace for a lunch time recital earlier today. Placed bottom centre in the snap left, while we were sat in the box pew second right. I kept my scarf on, possibly for the same reason that the pews were high box.

This picture may be quite old, as my memory is that the lights at the bottom of the snap did not have shades, just large and rather irritating bulbs.

I hesitated to score this piano as photography by such as I was expressly forbidden, as was very carefully & kindly explained by a lady trusty I suspected of being German. Furthermore, neither Bing nor Google could turn up a snap or a video involving a piano in this chapel, never mind this particular piano - although Bing could manage the organ, top right. But in the end the need to score got the better of me.

Group search key: hcc

No comments:

Post a Comment