Saturday 18 April 2020

Pivoting bricks

On good form with the bricks this afternoon, not exactly running, but going at a good clip.

Sufficiently pleased with myself that I thought I would have a go with the dancing waters to wind down, and that was on good form too, and I was getting good results from all four ordinal points. Plenty of droplets rising to more than thee inches and probably some to more than six. Maybe a third of the surface area in action at peak. Maybe the clue was slightly warmer water than usual.

But the attempt to record the story of the bricks as a pivot table in Excel was frustrating. Forming the table left was fine, but when I tried to produce a graphic - de rigueur in this graphic age - it either did a polished job (top right) of what I did not want, insisting on treating the pivot table as an indivisible unit and including all three variables - or it did a crude job (bottom right) of what I did want by doing a paste special on the distance column off snap to the right.

And then there is the irritation of having to score a fake shift for the 30th March so that the row does not disappear from the table left altogether, thus disturbing the graphics right.

Maybe I will get the hang of some more of it tomorrow.

The good news is that I seem to be drifting up to somewhere near my daily target of 6,384 yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment