Sunday 12 January 2020

Trolley 363

Trolley 363, from Sainsbury's, was the first trolley for a while captured on what was the Epsom Coaches side of the West Street footbridge over the railway.

Not as bad to haul back over the footbridge as I had expected, although I was glad there was a handrail. Perhaps if I was younger, I would just have carried the thing. Not sure about one of the larger trolleys: I might want a bit of rope for that.

The non-scoring two trolleys I had passed in the passage by the side of the Sainsbury's building had gone by the time I got back with this trolley. Their trolley jockeys must have been on the case. Is there someone checking the CCTV and sending them text messages?

And on my way back through the Stones Road underpass, I noticed one of those rail mounted, yellow diggers gliding towards town. Very surreal. So while the landslip might have been put back together, there is clearly other stuff they can close the line for over the weekend.

PS: I associated afterwards to sometimes seeing quite large boats gliding across the fens north of Cambridge.

Reference 1: https://psmv3.blogspot.com/2018/06/hot-air.html. The passage by the side of the Sainsbury's building.

No comments:

Post a Comment