Sunday 12 January 2020

Fake 97

Fake 96 was, in part, about plastic flowers. While this fake is about plastic screws.

Plastic screws in an estate agent's pole which I found lying around Middle Lane on my way back from Sainsbury's this morning. Somehow the sign had become detached from the pole, so I thought I might appropriate the latter, a surely useful eight feet length of two by two. Free with the pole came these two plastic screws, the sort of thing that would be made of galvanised steel when I was young and would have been made in the far north. Whereas these fakes were probably made somewhere in the far east - but quite probably quite good enough for fixing the sort of plasticised corrugated something which they make the signs out of.

A bonus on the way back was getting permission from a householder down Manor Green Road to raid his skip, presently containing quite a  lot of rubble from smashed out brick work. From which I should be able to abstract some entire bricks and clean them up, our own stock of bricks, useful from time to time, running a bit low. Just as well that he was very relaxed about it, as I had already had two on my way back from Costcutter. One being as much as I want to carry 500 metres by hand.

Reference 1: http://psmv4.blogspot.com/2019/12/third-report.html. A recent outing for some of our bricks. PS: the rubbish which had accumulated in the sump leading to the soakaway, important on that occasion, has now been removed. No idea whether it was part of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment