Friday 10 January 2020

Exotic cedar

I was pleased to find this morning that the Weeping Blue Atlas Cedar of Hook Road, first noticed back in 2011 at reference 1, is still alive and well. Except that the bright sun behind me and the bright blue sky in front of me have combined to put it into shadow.

We come across other specimens from time to time elsewhere, and there are several clumps at Wisley, although none of the trees there are as big as this one. And in the years since 2011, I don't think we have got to Kew, despite the fact that it is less than an hour away.

Checking the archive, I find that the words 'Kew' and 'Gardens' occur in no fewer than 16 months and I am not presently bored enough to check them all for visits.

But I was bored enough to correctly guess the file name of the one post found by the search at reference 1 and put it into reference 2. With the blog template used at the time in question not making the file names accessible in the way that the current template does. Something else I had not hitherto tried.

PS: maybe they like it hot in the house, as the what I take to be a Christmas tree by the fence awaiting collection looks a lot browner than most, certainly than ours, recently chopped onto our large compost heap.

Reference 1: https://pumpkinstrokemarrow.blogspot.com/search?q=atlas+cedar+weeping+cage.

Reference 2: https://pumpkinstrokemarrow.blogspot.com/2011/04/tweets.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment