Saturday 25 January 2020

A minor irritation

Peering at my bank statement this morning, I found that someone called 'Gocardless' had removed £40 from my bank account, claiming direct debit authority. Which, even by the standards of bank statements, was fairly meaningless to me.

No corresponding payment the previous month.

I then ask Google and I learn that Gocardless is some sort of collection service provided to the holders of direct debit mandates. I also get taken to a pop-up into which I type some reasonably innocuous details and up pops the answer. Westminster Abbey, so entirely proper and respectable.

Perhaps in some future iteration, Gocardless will see fit to append something helpful to the presently unhelpful messages that get onto peoples' bank statements.

Reference 1: https://gocardless.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment