Tuesday 28 January 2020

Finders keepers

The soft toy - a llama according to BH - was captured on the way back through the Ashmore passage with trolley 378. I assured the amused older lady sitting on a nearby bench that I had a good use for it.

While the two estate agents' signs were lying on the East Street pavement, a few yards short of the Kiln Lane turning. The opportunity to pick up another couple of lengths of two by two was too much for me, so I picked them up on the way home.

In the course of removing two fake bolts (see reference 1) and six galvanised (pointed screw) bolts which held the two signs on, I learned that different estate agents favoured different ways of attaching their signs to posts. And some I had noticed on the way home even had a long groove cut in the top of the posts to take the signs, making the top two feet useless for any purpose I was likely to come up with. I might also say that the fake bolts seemed to work better than the galvanised ones.

Monocular present for inspection of the new roof tile out back, which had been put in to replace a broken tile earlier in the afternoon. Snapped clean across for some reason.

PS: I am noticing a tendency for my brain to get out of sync. So here, when typing 'two by two was too', I actually typed 'two was two was too'. A more common error would have been 'two by was was too'. Either way, the bit of brain controlling the fingers for key-behind has been pushed off its perch by the think-ahead bit doing the composing. A sign of the times.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/01/fake-97.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment