Saturday 15 December 2018

Charity landed

Further to the experiment noticed at reference 1, I can now report that this donation has landed, with the cheque passing through my account on the 13th December, having arrived at the relevant organ of government finance on 28th November, about two weeks earlier. Sadly, no strange bureaucratic annotation of the line on my bank statement, just the number of my own cheque.

I don't write cheques very often, and never at shops, but I wonder how long it would take Waitrose, for example, to get their money. With cards I think they take a day or so, depending on the day of the week and bank holidays. All the more reason for government to implement something online!

PS: the cheque book concerned appears to have started life in April 2012, since when I have written 24 cheques, one of which was spoiled (handwriting pretty bad these days; never was much good and very little practise now). Most of the rest to builders of various kinds and to the Dorking Halls Concertgoers Society of reference 2.

Reference 1: http://psmv4.blogspot.com/2018/11/charity.html.

Reference 2: http://dorkingconcertgoers.org.uk/.

No comments:

Post a Comment