Friday 15 November 2019

Youth

Came across this place behind the High Street this morning, I think the entrance to what used to be called Chicago's, the principal night herding ground for the young people of greater Epsom. Oddly anonymous - unless, of course, this is now the back door.

I have used it myself at least once, probably when I had someone from out of town to entertain, without wanting to go to the bother or expense of travelling further afield. We did not have any trouble getting in, despite being twice the age of most of the customers, but I remember that it was terribly noisy and we did not stay very long. Retired to the Marquis, or perhaps even TB, then my home ground.

PS: the building does not look new, although it may have been given a new roof at some point. I now wonder about its history. A former garage or workshop of some kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment