Friday 8 November 2019

Fake 88

I have noticed fake ankle boots on young ladies at least twice in the last few weeks. Fake in the sense that while they go to the bother and expense of providing authentic looking lacing, you actually get in and out of the them by using a zip, far less bother for the busy young lady of today.

I did not have the nerve to ask either of the young ladies whether I could photograph their feet, it not helping that I was on crowded tube trains on both occasions, so I have included here a picture turned up by Bing.

From which I learn that at least some shoe shops give away their returns. A question of luck, I suppose, like getting returns for concerts.

PS: thinking about it now, I am sure that I would prefer laces. They give one choice about how tightly one ties up one's boots, important to me now that few factory boot makers go in for width fittings - and bespoke is vastly more expensive than it is worth, to me at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment