Friday 16 July 2021

Wellingtonia 35

We did not find a single Wellingtonia in the Isle of Wight, although I had had hopes of the big houses in Ryde and Ventor. Perhaps the climate is not well suited - although we did see plenty of good sized Scots pines. And we did not make it to Osborne, the sort of place there might be such a thing, although I do not recall one.

Some compensation in the form of a sighting from the northbound carriageway of the A3, just before it passes under the A333 and just before it goes into the Hindhead tunnel. With the tree being on the southeastern side of the road, next to the southbound carriageway.

Reasonably busy road and I was driving so I did not get a good look, let alone the touch the thing, but I did get this picture of it from gmaps, good enough to claim the sighting.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2021/07/wellingtonia-34.html.

Group search key: wgc.

No comments:

Post a Comment