Tuesday 15 September 2020

Trolley 419

There is still life in trolleys - with the first trolley for over three months captured around the back of Wetherspoons in the margins of a visit to Epsom. An M&S food hall trolley which, masked up, I just stuck in the stack by the Ashley Centre entrance. No M&S person guarding the entrance or the stack. But I imagine that it had been out all night, so probably not infectious.

There were two more just around the corner, but they had been chained together and I didn't have any change on me to invest in their recovery.

And so on through a quiet Epsom, up to Kiln Lane and onto Ewell by-pass. At 0945, not much traffic about.

At some point near Ruxley Lane, I passed a small parked car with registration number 'N1 HOL'. Would the person - somewhere in Lincolnshire, possibly Waddington - for whom this would be very suitable,  stump up the £5,000 or so needed to buy up the plate and the car it was stuck on?

At some point after that, I resumed the numbers game, reported on at reference 2. Failed to move off 20 going on 21, although, frustratingly, I did pass a 22 and a 521. Warm but not warm enough. Maybe I will have better luck tomorrow.

PS 1: Google still seem to be fiddling with the template for this blog. I haven't checked, but it seems like a couple of months now. Poor version control. Most unprofessional.

PS 2: but the good news is that a chunk of one of my gmail boxes which had gone missing earlier in the day has returned, without any intervention from me. The second time such a thing has happened - with gmail generally being a very reliable bit of software.

PS 3: next morning: I have just noticed that the window visible above the dustbin belongs to the Ashley Centre Surgery, located behind Wetherspoons, a location possibly chosen before Wetherspoon's took over the old Assembly Rooms. With this window being part of the presently important back entrance.

Reference 1: http://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/05/trooley-418.html.

Reference 2: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/09/numbers-game.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment