Monday 21 September 2020

Progress

We might not be doing very well with the judges of the previous post (reference 1), but rather to my surprise I did make progress this morning on the numbers game, having thought that I would finish the run on [20, 21, 53]. That is to say looking to get a 21, while the day's best below is 20 and the day's best above is 53. Known as bracketing.

So coming down Hunters Road in Chessington, shortly before it joins Hook Road, I came across a van. I looked twice as its front number plate was a bit buckled, but the rear number plate showed 21 loud and clear. I finished the run at [20, 22, 33]. Will it take as long to get 22 as it took to get 21?

There were some other points of interest on the run.

Coming up to Court Farm Avenue, just before Aldi, just before the Ruxley Lane turning, a small car coming up behind me, which I had not seen, thought to turn left into the Avenue. Thought also that he had plenty of time to pass me before turning left. Which as it turned out he had not and he had to accelerate into the turn, leaving him stopped on the wrong side of the Avenue. Good thing that no-one was coming out. While I had to brake slightly.

Better news at Jubilee Way, where Conway completed the road surfacing over the weekend. Including putting the yellow lines back and filling the nasty pothole at the end of the stretch. See reference 2.

Got up the hill before the turn into Bridge Road without noticing it. That is to say I only thought of it as I turned in Bridge Road. Must be getting fitter. On the other hand, slightly alarming that all memory from say the North Star to the top of the hill had vanished. Something which happens occasionally when I am driving and which I believe is common enough in others.

And no less than two washers to add to the collection in the Epsom Branch of Hook Road.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/09/justice.html.

Reference 2: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/08/some-blackberries-that-got-away.html.

Reference 3: https://conwaygroup.co.uk/. Not convinced that this is the right Conway, which I associate with the scruffy end of road works. In the same league as Murphy's men. But perhaps I am a bit out of date.

No comments:

Post a Comment