Thursday 17 September 2020

A curiosity

I have just learned that 'Tollers' was the familiar name for J. R. R. Tolkien used by C. S. Lewis and the rest of the inky gang. Furthermore, if one drops the excess 'R', his initials are the same as my own, my father's and I think his father before him. So did the inky gang know any real Tollers? I don't suppose that they would have much time for the German one, Ernst.

I ought to admit to having read some fantasy from both Tolkien and Lewis and some religious stuff from the latter, particularly 'The Screwtape Letters'. But I doubt if I could read any of it for pleasure now. And I find the derived films tedious.

Reference 1: http://pumpkinstrokemarrow.blogspot.com/2011/09/tollerfest.html.

Reference 2: All that I am - Anna Funder - 2011. The book rather lost at reference 1.

Reference 3: I was a German - Ernst Toller - 1919.

No comments:

Post a Comment