Friday 31 July 2020

Jam


The blackberry jelly, which surfaced at reference 1, is now scheduled for some time next week. In the meantime, BH thought she would get her hand in with a handful of damsons which fell off a neighbour's tree onto our back garden path. Perhaps to be taken with a spot of good cheddar, that is to say Lincolnshire Poacher?

A long time since I felled the damson tree at the bottom of our garden, on the mutually contradictory grounds that it had got too big to get at the damsons to pick and that there was a fairly low limit to the amount of damsons which one could consume. Still sending up suckers.

More recently, I have picked damsons round and about in Epsom, for example along Mill Road, off Upper High Street. See reference 2.

PS: following the rare blip in Google's blog search noticed earlier this morning at reference 3, gmail has been playing up today, with maybe a couple of dozen emails having gone missing from the social and promotions tabs when I logged on this morning. Some of them came back quite quickly, the rest of them a few hours later. This despite my having taken recovery action with some of the important ones, action which might have disturbed their (that is to say, Google's) recovery action. I was forcefully reminded of how one comes to rely on email boxes behaving themselves: I, for example, use my primary tab as a place to keep reminders about things that I have bought or things that I need to attend to at some point. Reminders which I really do want to stay put. While having to change my email address is quite unthinkable. It is just plugged into so much stuff. Not least the people from whom I buy my Lincolnshire Poacher.



No comments:

Post a Comment