Thursday 23 July 2020

Cheese supplies

The latest

A couple of days ago the latest delivery of Lincolnshire Poacher turned up from Neal's Yard Dairy. Every two or three weeks since the middle of March.

The record

A few clicks in gmail later and I turn up the complete record, with this latest delivery being the seventh. 

The big question here at Epsom is 'will it be the last'. Will I brave our public transport, Southwestern Trains & Waterloo variety, to go any buy the next lot in person?

Next question, will there be Bullingdons at Waterloo? Or perhaps Clapham Junction if I am feeling energetic?

Next question, would London Bridge be more socially distanced than Seven Dials?

Current thinking it that I would not wear a mask while actually cycling in London although I would have one with me for shopping. I find here in Epsom that cycling is socially distancing pretty much all the time and have deemed mask unnecessary. Certainly the rather basic ones I have at present are not very comfortable when engaged in something physical.

So much to think about.

In the meantime, I conducted an accidental experiment into the advertised biodegradability of all the fine packaging. The air bag left, one of two, was being snipped into the compost dustbin and one slice escaped. When it turned up a few hours later, having been in the sun in the meanwhile, it had shrivelled up into something like the relic of a spider's web. So degradable that one wondered how the stuff survived as packaging. 

Maybe there was experimental error and I need to repeat in more carefully controlled conditions. Which would, of course, require another delivery. Something else to be fed into our deliberations.


No comments:

Post a Comment