Thursday 23 July 2020

Back to the Blen

Back to the Blenheim for lunch earlier in the week, otherwise to TB. Same format as last time, that is to say we sit out front under an awning and the service comes to us.

Part of the menu

The beef - although it seems unlikely that mine was shipped from Japan

The trophy washers

I settled for burger again, while BH, flan of the day not being available, settled for fish again. I only asked that the burger be cooked a bit more this second time around, on which I was told that Wagyu beef is supposed to be a bit soggy in the middle. Notwithstanding, it was cooked a bit more and I liked it much better that way. Furthermore, the fish and chips was much improved on this second occasion: I suspected a change of brand, there having been a change both of batter and fish colour, while BH had other theories.

We even went so far as to have dessert, syllabub with shortbread biscuits. Pale yellow rather than white, not much like the syllabub BH (and my mother before her) serve with Christmas Pudding, but quite acceptable, if a little sweet.

Wet refreshments along the usual lines. Sauvignon Blanc for me, Bitter Shandy for her. Drop of Jameson by way of digestif.

Reasonable if not large number of customers for a week day lunch time, but they did not seem to be doing a lot of food outside. Suits us though, certainly as long as it is warm enough to eat outside.

On the way home collected four more washers to add to the collection. The same as those I started with, as noticed at reference 2, although not quite as clean. New ones left, sample of old ones right. BH is threatening to do something about cleanliness.

PS: the only fly in the ointment was that the big weed noticed at reference 1, that is to say just before the first occasion, has come down, I think during the course of last weekend. I like to think it got caught by a passing lorry, rather than being chopped down for fun by some young person.


No comments:

Post a Comment