Friday 1 May 2020

Ebay rules!

This morning, following the flour purchase noticed last month at reference 1, ebay has once again managed what other suppliers can no longer manage. That is to say, I can buy multi-purpose compost in BH sensible quantities, for delivery in ten days or so.

Other places, the traditional outlets like B&Q, Wickes and Chessington Garden Centre, all appear to have run out of the stuff. So as with the flour, what on earth are people doing with it? Does being stuck at home really mean that people are getting through both flour and compost at a much faster rate than normal? Or is it just comfort shopping, and it is just piling up in cupboards and garages? To be gloated over, in the manner of a miser or hoarder of old?

In which connection, I might say that I will probably be cracking open my large bag of ebay flour within the next fortnight or so.

I then thought that I might also crack open my copy of Balzac's Le Père Goriot, a famous story about a miser with a saintly daughter. But on checking with Wikipedia, I find I have quite probably muddled it up with the one called Eugénie Grandet. Yet another memory failure and further investigation clearly needed. A project for today.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/04/essential-supplies.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment