Wednesday 4 November 2020

Scrabble

We continue to clock up maybe five games of Scrabble a week, and I think our average scores are slowly improving, albeit by not all that much.

Sunday's game on the left followed a heavy lunch, with my taking more drink than BH, but a game which I won reasonably comfortably and with a combined score comfortably in excess of 550, which we don't manage very often.

While this afternoon's game on the right followed a sea bass lunch, with no drink at all, which BH won very comfortably, with a string of big scores, one more than 50, and with a combined score just missing 550 on penalty points. For some reason I was a bit slow this afternoon, perhaps too much brain power expended on PC maintenance, on which I am pleased to be able to report that the Tech Experts at BT did well, and was not helped by a string of bad hands, although I was not reduced to changing tiles.

PS 1: note the recycling of score cards from some previous life. FIL would have approved.

PS 2: sea bass rather good, with two fishes each for a total of something over £5. Rather less I imagine than cod would have cost. And much better portions than restaurants dish out. On the down side, our portions were not tastefully arranged on little mounds of flavoured mashed potato. And neither drizzle nor caper anywhere to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment