Sunday 14 June 2020

Ripening fruit


Back in April, I noticed at reference 1 a fine cuckoo pint at the bottom of our garden, the only one, as it turned out, that put on such a good display.

So I was pleased yesterday to notice that it is now ripening, and may, in due course ripen to the distinctive cluster of scarlet berries.

Note the scar left by a frond of ivy on the right hand tree trunk. Also the foreground suckers which I will cut out this morning. An annual activity.

PS: the man from Google is still fiddling with the Blogger software, with their being more changes in the way that images are handled this (Monday) morning. At least in the off-the-shelf template that I use. With the bad news being an infestation of unwanted comments: one might like to be noticed, but not in this way. Maybe I will have to find out about moderation and blocking, something which has not been necessary hitherto.

No comments:

Post a Comment