Saturday 20 June 2020

Wellingtonia 7

My snap

Google's snap 1

Google's snap 2

The base of a forked Wellingtonia, a first,  across Spring Street from Bourne Hall, in what I think is the drive to Chessington House, visible bottom right in the Google snap. An outpost, or a neighbour of an outpost of Ewell Castle School left, to which I shall come back to in due course. Captured a week ago today, it taking until yesterday to make its way onto my laptop from my telephone, part of the delay noticed at reference 3.

I wonder why Chessington House, given that it is quite an old house, on the edge of Ewell Village, several miles away from Chessington. Is it named for the much nearer Chessington Road?

And I find, rather to my surprise, that Chessington is quite an old place too, getting a mention in the Domesday Book. And there is a relic of a very old house to be seen inside Chessington World of Adventures. See reference 2.

I have marked what I think is the tree in question on the second snap from Google. I dare say I could be more confident if I could organise some sort of split screen working, perhaps three screens side by side. The older memory finds flipping between the three view offered by Google rather tricky.




Group search key: wgc.

No comments:

Post a Comment