Saturday 27 June 2020

Vermin


Earlier this afternoon when I was walking the bricks, there was what looked like a young fox taking a great interest in the contents of our brick compost bin. Who just about moved off a little when I shouted and moved close armed with a hoe, but who came back again as soon as I moved off again. And another in the garden to the left, and yet another in the garden beyond the compost bin. 

With no free running dogs and no predators, these urban foxes are becoming far too bold and far too numerous.

I remembered, with some annoyance, about the house with a fox hole in its fence, letting foxes in and out of the island made by our back gardens, noticed at reference 2. And I dare say there are other holes, although I have failed to find them. Is it worth my having a word with the owner of this hole? Will it turn out to be one of those people who feed the foxes and think that they are cute?

I also remembered about the catapults of reference 1 and have now relieved my feelings by checking with Amazon. The one illustrated looks as if it would do the business. Perhaps chaps in the US take pot shots at squirrels and such like in their back yards of an evening with such a thing. Would I ever get the hang of the complicated sight - or is that just for show?

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/05/a-trick-of-light.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment