Thursday 25 July 2019

Weather station

The small weather station which hangs in the roof of our garage, on the northern side of our house, but which gets a fair amount of sun first thing in the morning and during the afternoon. Registering 94F at around 1630 this afternoon. But there is room for expansion, to over 120F, so perhaps the chaps that made it knew all about the global warming to come. The basic science has, after all, been around for some time.

A thermometer which I believe used to hang in the garage of my childhood home, so probably over 60 years old.

Curiously, much easier to take a reading from the snap on my laptop than it was to take a reading from the real thing. Perhaps the telephone, being smaller than my head, got a better angle. Click to enlarge to share the benefit. It also knew, on this occasion, what to focus on.

2 comments:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. portable massage table

    ReplyDelete