Thursday 4 July 2019

A lapse

For some years now I have had a Mag-Lite torch, according to the inscription around the shiny end, from the Ontario in California rather than the one in Canada.

The first item in its job description is to provide comfort and light in the event of a power cut, to which end it is kept in a handy, visible place in the study.

The third item in its job description is to help with my occasional forays into the darker corners of our roof space, called by some the attic.

In which connection I discover this morning that it is missing and investigation reveals that I left it in the roof space last time I was up there. It seems completely dead now, so presumably I put it down switched on and managed to leave the roof space without it.

First time I have done such a thing. Slightly worrying also that, despite it usually being kept in the handy, visible place in the study, I did not notice that it was missing, for what must be a couple of months or more.

Next stop Robert Dyas for some new Duracells.

PS: the upside is that I now know that Ontario is an eastern suburb of Los Angeles, in the centre of the snap above, not that far from the south eastern suburbs of Anaheim and Santa Anna, places which I have actually visited. Buying a pair of jeans from this last which gave one of the sprogs considerable street cred in the playground for a period of some months. My credit card had worked even if the Spanish speaking shop lady and I could barely understand each other.

Reference 1: https://maglite.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment