Tuesday 4 August 2020

Extra bacon

Despite having a large supply of real streaky bacon at home - that is to say sourced from a butcher rather than a supermarket - the stuff already noticed at reference 1 - I felt the urge on Saturday to pay another visit to the Luna Coffee House (otherwise café) in West Ewell, and called in on the way home from Jubilee Way.


Same seat and more or less the same order as last time, only varied by the addition of a glass of water, needing same after what had become a warm cycle ride. All very satisfactory. 

No visible action in the West Ewell Social Club, visible across the road to the left in the snap above. A club which is now the nearest thing to a public house in West Ewell, the Plough having closed years ago. A surviving representative of what was quite a strong club culture in Epsom when we first arrived, near thirty years ago. Whereas now my CIU membership has lapsed: I rarely made any use of the clubs in Epsom, but I had found membership convenient when visiting the Isle of Wight (for holiday) or up north (for work), places where the custom had hung on a bit longer.

While around to the right, in Heatherside Road, gmaps tells me about a Bonsai Centre. Not visible in Street View, but they do have a web site at reference 3. Perhaps a place to visit in the margins of my next trip around Jubilee Way, although given that the web site says visits by appointment only, there may be nothing to see from the outside. Perhaps I will actually buy a bonsai, although I don't have much confidence in my ability to keep such a thing in good health, despite rather liking them.


Reference 2: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/07/eating-out.html. My last visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment