Friday 7 August 2020

A rare failure

Cherries from Waitrose

Being near Waitrose this afternoon, I thought to pop in for a spot of red. Perhaps some saucisson sec. Managed the first, although not the brand I had been thinking of buying, but failed on the second. All I could find was some chorizo which I am not very keen on. But it was very hot under my mask and I did not look very carefully.

However, I did see some cherries. A little late for cherries I thought, but let's give it a go. Waitrose, along with M&S, are usually pretty reliable on the cherry front.

Get home to find that something had been leaking in my shopping bag. Take a closer look at the cherries to find that maybe half of them were rotten. Some of the remainder might be eatable, or at least cookable. Not best pleased, not least because it was in part my own fault: I should have looked more carefully - not that one usually needs to in Waitrose. A brand that one trusts.

It was still hot and I couldn't be bothered to take them back to Waitrose, but I did phone them up. Not that the resultant phone call gave me any confidence that anyone would go and take a proper look at the cherry shelf.

Not a very good end to the cherry season. 

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/06/hollyhocks.html. A much earlier foray into the world of Waitrose cherries. Pretty sure that these ones were OK. 


No comments:

Post a Comment