Saturday 15 August 2020

Brain dead

The brain has clearly not yet recovered by the damage done by the recent heat wave, during which it had been noticeably sluggish.

Off today to collect a bit of click n'collect from Majestic Wine. Remembered to take my senior bus pass by way of photo id, also remembering perfectly well that Waitrose don't accept them. But I did have my photo-full new driving license somewhere in the car, just in case. However, I did not think at all about the business of the face mask needed for shopping, perhaps not helped by my not counting collecting as shopping.

I was politely asked to mask up and wash hands on entry to the Majestic shed. At which I went a bit blank - but they clearly had had to deal with people like me before and had laid in a stock of disposables. Then, in all the kerfuffle of mask & wash, they quite forgot to ask me for any photo id. Perhaps they remembered me, as I remembered one of the two staff visible.

Perhaps I will remember the mask next time. In the meantime, stocks of alcohol back at what might be thought a prudent level, all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment