Thursday 29 August 2019

Trolley 285

Somewhat traumatised by both a haircut and the news from Westminster, I thought a bit of trolley therapy was in order. And as luck would have it, a fine supply in the passage from the late Ashmore Insurance through to the station. Between 10 and 20 of them, mostly from M&S, despite my having mentioned the matter to them twice now.

Someone has broken the handle off the trolley right, but I think it is an M&S trolley, and I think it is their responsibility to deal with it: maybe not a legal responsibility, but a moral one as a proper part of the Epsom townscape.

While my contribution was to remove three trolleys from the back of the stack (as snapped) and return them to the food hall, where, as it happens, there was no shortage, either of this regular size or of the large size. A large size which only rarely makes it onto the sort of streets which I walk. A pound invested, and a pound recovered.

Something to mark the first day of this once proud country as a banana republic.

PS: ironically, under the leadership of someone of mixed race, born in foreign, shuffled into power on a hate-foreign ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment