Sunday 4 August 2019

Trolley 278

The trolleys noticed at reference 1 a couple of days ago in the passage between Epsom High Street and the railway station, were still there this morning. Perhaps the efficient sounding lady just faked talking to someone on her mobile phone, although I did not think so at the time. Furthermore, I think it would take practise for such faking to sound natural.

In any event, I gathered up a loose sub-string of four trolleys, leaving at least a dozen, and returned them to the grill across the Ashley Centre entrance to the M&S food hall. I think it is still fair to score one, given that the stacks are only just the other side of the grill.

I did not think to stop and explain to a young lady taking coffee with relatives and friends at the entrance to the Ashley Centre who looked at me as if I were some sort of eccentric or worse. Bit feeble of me.

Neither token nor coin being involved in this capture - although had the grill been open, I might have recovered something.

Quite hard to wheel four trolleys over rough or uneven ground. Ashley Centre itself fine.

A reasonably warm and close day, although not so much that I had taken a bottle of water with me. However, feeling thirsty in Ewell, I thought perhaps that the newish Costa there would have a jug of water for its customers . Which I did not; as far as I could see one had to buy a bottle. However, there was a water fountain in Bourne Hall, one which came with little paper cones to drink from, cones which could be recycled. Plus a sign saying that one could fill one's bottle if that was more convenient. Plus the water was cool, but not cold, which made a change: better for me - and better for the environment in that the fountain was not burning fuel to make & keep it cold.

To close, I can pick up on the Porsche of the last post, as along the way, I was overtaken by a dark Lamborghini number 5A1 in East Street and I passed a dark Bentley saloon in a driveway of my very own road. The highest grade car on the estate, at least that I have seen.

Reference 1: http://psmv4.blogspot.com/2019/08/trolleys-276a-276b-and-277.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment