Saturday 24 August 2019

Domaine Chatelain

Having a small excuse to celebrate last week, thought to move up a notch from our usual Villa Maria sauvignon blanc and try for something from Waitrose.

Settled for a 2017 Pouilly-Fumé from Domaine Chatelain, the people at reference 1. Perhaps my wine was a special for the UK market, as it does not seem to appear among those offered in French. And a bit less than double what I usually pay Majestic for Villa Maria.

Started off well enough, promising even, but somehow it went downhill as the bottle went down, ending up with a rather thin and shallow taste. Most odd. Is the experiment replicable? Can I be bothered?

PS: the writing bottom left is my trying to write the word 'Function' by hand and not getting on very well. My handwriting never was too good and now I write so little by hand it is bad, it taking quite a few goes before I was reasonably reliably producing something legible.

Reference 1: https://www.domaine-chatelain.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment