Friday 30 August 2019

Regular annoyance

I must have failed to check some box somewhere which said that I would still like to get paper bills. Which means that I now get emails instead - which is fair enough, but it is a bit annoying that I get plugged into such a complicated world when I click on the link provided therein. The old paper bill was much more (older) customer friendly.

I suppose they have some excuse in that the regulators have told them to include all sorts of stuff about saving the planet, changing tariffs and changing supplier. With my not wanting to know about any of this, at least not in this context.

I am reminded of the management adage of the late 1970's that the way to deal with (civil service) unions was to bury them in information - information which they were badly equipped to deal with but which left them wrong footed. Hard for them to complain that they were not being kept informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment