Wednesday 24 March 2021

Offers

Investigating the possibility of purchasing the book at reference 1, I visited Abebooks, eBay and Amazon - with this last making the offers above. First, amused by the heterogeneity: why on earth did Amazon think I wanted to buy fish oil to paste on my dog? Second, I had to look several times to convince myself that I had got the prices right on the right. Who on earth would spend £2,000 to read electronic copies of a massive collection of statistical print?

Presumably not a student, but maybe an academic library would want to purchase one Kindle copy which it could it then serve to all its customers at no extra charge? Better than paying a similar amount for just the one printed copy?

Sadly, the book at reference 1 remains unpurchased. The thirty pounds of more for a decent copy was too much for something I was only ever likely to dip into for a few days, then put on the shelf.

Reference 1: In all likelihood: Statistical modelling and inference using likelihood - Pawitan, Y. - 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment