Monday 29 March 2021

No.29

Just a few days since I scored a double with No.28, noticed at reference 1, No.29 turned up today attached to a BMW, somewhere on Hunters Road, Chessington.

There was also a No.24, a No.25 and a No.32, all non scoring but encouraging. I expect to go through the early thirties quite quickly, then slow down, then very slow through the forties which seem to be quite thin on the ground. Fifties and sixties will be fast again. Seventies slow. 

On the basis of the experience to date I think 99 is probably a reasonable target. With thanks to Margaret Drabble for reminding me, if not telling me, of this game. For whom see reference 2.

On past the 'North Star', which has looked rather shut for a while now. I wondered why it appeared to have made no effort to tent up their large car park, in the way of our Blenheim. Then I wondered whether they were going down route taken by the Kings Arms of East Street, another house of the same generation, with a large car park, which went for flats. Maybe this freeholder is just holding out until the council and the heritage people face the reality of today's licensed trade. But back home, I find they are part of the Ember Inn family and are planning to open from 17th May. Not a house I have ever used, so perhaps I will take a glass there at that point.

A bit further along the road we have the 'Lucky Rover' at Hook, a cosy looking place which I have been meaning to visit for years. Sadly, it now looks terminally shut up and I may never have the opportunity.

But I did manage to connect with the butcher regarding the Paschal Lamb.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2021/03/no28.html.

Reference 2: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/07/a-new-to-me-game-for-long-car-journeys.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment