Sunday 14 February 2021

Tails

I exaggerated a little at reference 1 when I said I got an email from the Texas Mesquite Grill most days, there not having been one for a bit after that. Then two in two days.

This one advertising a fest for St. Valentine, featuring a cold water lobster. As opposed to hot water lobster which is fishy tasting and inferior - for which see reference 3 below. To my mind, rather oddly paired with steak, but maybe it tastes better than it sounds. I assume that the white meat perched on top of the tail means that the tail itself is empty, just a bit of décor. Perhaps the meat and the tails come from different suppliers? I am sure that we have been in places in this country where the crab shells and the crab meat were never united in life.

No idea what the pale yellow liquid is upper left. I can only think that it is some kind of oil. Do they do rape seed oil in the US of A?

Not that cheap at say £30. Quite a lot for a main course by our standards. But then, we haven't been out for a meal since our last outing to the Blenheim, at the tail end of last year. Except that actually it was ASK, as noticed at reference 2. Not fair really, as the Blenheim served us very well during the half-lockdown of the middle part of that year.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2021/01/a-puzzle-for-wednesday.html.

Reference 2: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/12/ask.html.

Reference 3: https://www.ssothealth.org/warm-water-vs-cold-water-lobster/. A full explanation of the difference between hot and cold lobsters. Plus, in my case, an advertisement from Blackwells of Oxford, people from whom I buys books from time to time. A connection made, on this occasion, by Microsoft rather than Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment