Thursday 18 February 2021

OneDrive

Time to moan about Microsoft's OneDrive again as this morning, the camera roll on my laptop runs in a rather patchy fashion all the way to the morning of Friday 12th February, that is to say more or less exactly a week ago - since when camera roll on my Microsoft telephone has collected near 150 happy snaps, including, to be fair, lots of duplicates as I always take lots of snaps of the same thing.

Not quite the cuddly arrangement suggested by the advertising snap above.

To all of which I suppose the Microsoft answer would be that my £400 or so telephone is out of support, so tough. Get over it.

Perhaps when we are allowed to go shopping again, I really will move on and buy a new telephone. Not so clever for all those people for whom (say) £500 is a more serious sum than it is here. Whereas for me, the issue is all the time and bother involved in the change.

PS: I suspect support problems, that is to say the software on my telephone getting left behind by the software everywhere else, are compounded by Microsoft muscling in on the home working market, and their servers being far to busy with new business to worry about this little bit of old business. A disease I recognise from our (privatised) utilities who often offer far better deals to new customers than to old customers who can't be bothered to change suppliers or make a fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment