Thursday 9 April 2020

Say cheese

At breakfast this morning, I started to worry about cheese supplies, being down to my last half pound or so. Would Neil's Yard Dairy make it in time?

Then about half an hour later, well before I had got into a lather, there was one front door bell, one cardboard box on the front doorstop, two messages on my mobile and three emails in my g-mail-box. With the messages and emails telling me that the cheese had been delivered arriving within what seemed like seconds of the front door bell. The wonders of technology.

I am pleased to say that the packaging, while entirely appropriate, was slightly lower tech than on the last occasion, noticed at reference 1, mainly consisting of something which I rightly guessed to be called wood wool, now awaiting transfer to the brick compost bin.

And even more pleased that hard yellow cheese supplies are secured for another couple of weeks or so.

Hopefully the Dairy are doing enough mail order business to keep their cheese on the move and to keep their supply chain unbroken. I don't like to think of either milk or cheese going to waste.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/03/cheese-supplies.html.

Reference 2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment