Monday 13 April 2020

Google still at it

I noticed the appearance on my laptop of advertisements from Nieper for lingerie for the older lady and from Corel for elderly word processing software at references 1 and 2 respectively.

They have been coming on thick and fast, appearing in various places, ever since. With Nieper popping up in my g-mail-box again this morning - although they may have been economising to the extent of using the same model as last time. Not completely sure about that.

From which advertisement I learn that they also do something discretely called 'control underwear', also advertised on ITV3 while we are watching 'Midsomer Murders'.

PS 1: and then Google offered me the services of a company who offer help with CQC compliance. Wrong again, although I do know where they are coming from. See reference 3.

PS 2: a little later in the morning, I had occasion to make inquiries about a product that I used to know quite well, Microsoft Project, discovering that it was far too expensive to buy to play with for a few days - whereas back at the Home Office it was more or less given out with the tea and biscuits. Will I now start to see advertisements for it? Given that I made the inquiries through Edge and Bing, will that be the way in for said advertisements? Maybe as a pound a week add-on to my Office 365 subscription? Might take it at that price.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/03/google.html.

Reference 2: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/04/who-dun-it.html.

Reference 3: https://cqc.org.uk/.

No comments:

Post a Comment