Wednesday 24 April 2019

Data protection

A few months ago, I had a moan at reference 1 about the difficulty involved in trying to carry out a routine legal cum financial transaction here in Epsom.

Still in Epsom, time to have a moan about what was sold as a consequence of the data protection act.

BH has a mobile phone under contract with a well known provider with a shop in the Ashley Centre here in Epsom. A phone which she does not make very much use of but which she wishes to retain. Move from monthly rental to pay-as-you-go seems to be indicated.

I go into the shop concerned, where they will only barely talk to me because I am not her. This despite the fact that I am paying the bills and I bought the thing in the first place.

And then, even if she came into the shop, with the mobile phone they sold me, it would be more than their jobs were worth to talk to her about contractual matters. Data protection, quack, quack, quack. To do that you have to phone up customer services.

Aren't you customer services, sezzaye to this young lady, one of several doing nothing, in the otherwise empty shop. Well. Ummm. Why don't you phone up customer services?

It seems quite likely that I would have got the same nonsense had we been with any other provider. Perhaps it is all about making sure we keep our monthly direct debit up and running. Quack, quack, quack was all smoke screen.

I might have got quite angry if the monthly amount involved made a bigger dent in our monthly budget than it in fact does. Calm down by thinking of all those private equity outfits and pensions funds that you are helping along.

Reference 1: https://psmv3.blogspot.com/2018/08/legal-and-financial-services.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment