Wednesday 10 April 2019

Curiosity

Having occasion to download an article from yesterday's Guardian about how some scientists think they can reverse age related loss of memory function using electrical pulses, I thought I might pay them back by becoming a digital subscriber, which only looked to cost of the order of £10 a month, which seem a reasonable amount to give them.

But the website included much talk of apps and ipads, so I thought I better check with their customer support. Several layers of computer aided telephone call later, I got through to a person who was quite clear that digital access to the Guardian was not available to owners of laptops powered by Microsoft Windows.

Which seemed a pity and I wondered why the people at the Guardian preferred to do business with Apple rather than Microsoft: I would have thought one was just as bad as the other from a lefty point of view. Or was the problem that from a Windows laptop it was far too easy to capture (aka steal) content, as indeed I had just done - not that I plan to recycle it for personal gain of the monetary variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment