Sunday 24 March 2019

Trolley 245

The one trolley left in the passage yesterday had become three, two M&S and one Wilko, all chained together. I had neither coin nor token so could not separate them and so had to leave them.

However, down East Street, I made a rare incursion into the private car park of the block of flats known as Eleanor House, to capture two of the three Sainsbury's trolleys there. I think I have looked at the one behind the tree before and found it wanting.

A bonus was a short length of threaded rod, jammed into the handle assembly of the trolley nearest the telephone. Now jammed into my bucket of such things in the garage, probably destined to support a plant in the garden.

Note also the pretty white flowers, probably anemone blanda, common names Balkan anemone, Grecian windflower or winter windflower, is a species of flowering plant in the family Ranunculaceae, native to southeastern Europe, Turkey, Lebanon, and Syria. Flowers which I had seen the other day at the junction of Kiln Lane and Middle Lane. Perhaps I ought to get some to see if they do better than the winter aconites in my new daffodil bed.

The RHS site talks of '...propagate by division of tubers in summer when they are dormant...', so perhaps I need to try to remember to come back to the idea in a few months time.

No comments:

Post a Comment