Thursday 21 March 2019

Ambulance chaser

PPI might have been a financial scandal, but it also seems to be easy pickings for the legal eagles. These particular eagles have somehow gotten hold of my mobile phone number and have taken to ringing me up on what seems like a daily basis, although I have yet to actually speak to their call centre.

Perhaps vulture would be a more appropriate bird than eagle. A common sight on what passes for the news from Microsoft. Always dressed up as an attractive young female; not like the older solicitor noticed at the end of reference 2 at all.

Hitherto, it has been our land line which attracts this kind of stuff, with BT providing some protection, while my mobile has been more or less free of it. Hopefully that is not about to change.

I have just now sent the Oracle people an email asking them to desist and I wonder whether it will have any effect. I also hope that they are no relation of the pushy but respectable computer people of the same name.

PS: prompt reply from Oracle - within hours - denying that these calls are anything to do with them. Perhaps I will find the time to get to the bottom of the matter.

Reference 1: https://www.oraclelegal.co.uk/.

Reference 2: https://psmv3.blogspot.com/2018/08/legal-and-financial-services.html. I might add that company A of that post was indeed satisfied with the copies made by the older solicitor. The bit of business has now been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment