Wednesday 13 March 2019

Not more click n'collect

Following the purchase of Calvados noticed at reference 1, stocks were running low, so back to the desktop to try my luck again at click n'collect, Waitrose style.

Find my way in OK and find the right Calvados. Select three bottles and select click n'collect. Rather than offering me the Waitrose here in Epsom, it offered me a choice of three, the nearest of which was Woking. No good at all.

But then it seemed that they would do home delivery at no extra charge, which one might have thought would take a big slice out of their profit margin. So before clicking pay, I thought I would top up the bread making supplies. Get the yeast on board. Then try for the flour, to find that the online site does not recognise the sort of white flour that I have been using for some time now, from their Leckford Estate - a model farm but inter alia a sort of holiday camp for partners. Give up on that and checkout, at which point I get to chose from four or five hourly slots the next day. We pick the nine to ten slot, safely after breakfast, at least most days. The proffered discount code, which appeared to promise £60 off my first online purchase, nearly the whole amount as it happened, failed to make any impression on the total.

Happening to be in town a little later, I asked the lady at customer services whether she had been struck off the roll of click n'collect sites. And after her brain had done the computation, she assured me that her click n'collect was alive and well, with a steady stream of packages coming through. She thought there was probably some website problem - in tones which suggested that these were not that unusual - and my best bet was simply to try again.

The stuff did indeed turn up between nine and ten this morning, complete with a 15 minute warning by text from Brian.

And the Epsom store continues to carry supplies of the Leckford Estate strong white flour which continues to be missing from their website. Got three of those too, just to be on the safe side. With the news from the House last night, people might be starting to hoard.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2019/02/click-ncollect.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment