Tuesday 13 November 2018

White walls

I found that I had completely forgotten about the white walls at Milton Court, quite possibly something to do with the place's fine acoustics.

Also very much like some cupboard doors knocked out by Sprog 1 in Tunbridge Wells. An effective imitation of some modern artist, whose name I forget, but also a tribute to Homebase (or some such), who offered a free cutting service, used (or perhaps abused) on this occasion to cut more or less each and every piece.

Neither Bing nor Google turned up any reminder as to who the artist might be on the clue 'white wood blocks modern artist', although on this occasion Bing was nearer the mark than Google, who seemed to think that I was talking about wood block as in wood cut. Which to be fair to him, I have sometimes asked about.

I did rather better with the picture of Milton Court, with Bing turning up this high quality shot. The only catch was that Bing put it somewhere called 'My saves' in 'My collections', not visible at all in Windows Explorer. It was not until I had gone to reference 1 and taken it from there, that I realised that Bing was talking telephone speak and that I needed to click on the 'Photos' tile under the start button... Still a puzzle where it is actually kept - if indeed it is kept at all. Maybe it is just a pointer to the source.

Reference 1: http://www.soaringww.com/2015/07/01/milton-court-to-crank-up-the-volume-in-sky-arts-guitar-star/. From where I have lifted the picture. Also the puff: 'we are Soaring Worldwide. We take our clients on a communications and marketing journey – increasing sales and growing businesses in line with measurable goals and targets. Our Cirencester based team works with clients to reveal their objectives, create PR and communication campaigns, identify messages and promote services or products.  Each client is individual, each campaign unique and each involves the perfect blend of research, planning, comms, PR, events, media relations, content creation, emotive films, social media and more'. So there.

Group search key: mca.

No comments:

Post a Comment