Thursday 15 November 2018

News from Microsoft

I noticed the rather rubbishy Microsoft News service back in August, at reference 1, and I remembered about it this morning when the screen snapped left turned up. Notice how PPI is continuing to generate useful income for one or other branch of our world class financial and legal services industry, on which see reference 2, already noticed.

I had thought that I had told Cortana what sort of news I was interested in, but this seems to be the result. Sufficiently rubbishy that one is not tempted to try and teach Cortana the error of her ways.

Perhaps Google have done the right thing by keeping out. Although that said, maybe if I had one of their telephones, I would find that they have not kept out.

But I do admit to using this service for finding out about breaking news when I am bored or need a break. The latest news from the Brexit Bunker or the latest man to bite dog does usually make it to somewhere near the top.

Reference 1: https://psmv3.blogspot.com/2018/08/fake-news.html.

Reference 2: The Finance Curse: How global finance is making us all poorer – Nicholas Shaxson - 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment