Tuesday 27 November 2018

Letter box

Early on in my morning walk, I came across a letter box which seemed to be full to the brim, so full that I could extract letters from it. Possibly the result of someone posting something rather larger than a letter, but in any case unusual at this time of year. In the course of my investigations, I noticed the little instruction centre right in the snap left. From which I associated to the days when stamp dispensing containers were often to be found attached to the sides of letter boxes. Substantial, steel containers, naturally.

From which I associated to the inventor of letter boxes, one Antony Trollope, better known for his novels about the lower reaches of the upper decile of the population in the middle of the nineteenth century. Although, as it happens, searching the record suggests that my last encounter with the works of Trollope was with his life of Cicero rather than with his fiction. See reference 1.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.com/2017/10/words-blocking-thought.html.

Group search key: wca.

No comments:

Post a Comment