Friday 25 June 2021

Busy morning

As at 11:28, the 616th batch of bread has just started its second rise, having completed its first rise in short order, that is to say about two and a half hours. Instead of the four hours it used to take. Five hours in March 2015. Not clear to me that it is all down to the warmer weather, although BH argues that the airing cupboard taken over for the first rise is cooler when the central heating is on and the boiler is struggling to keep the hot water hot.

The bird feeder has been taken down and dusted off for the summer. Fiddly busy getting all the bits and bobs out of it. I suspect spider action.

Applied slug pellets to one of the sunflowers, looking rather the worse for wear. BH alleges that this particular sunflower is used by slugs and snails to get onto her lilies behind, now coming into flower. Third sunflower from the left in the snap at reference 1.

While in the background, the Wigmore Hall has confirmed that we have two tickets for an upcoming concert. The last such was around 15 months ago, noticed at reference 2. I had to remind myself what we had been to hear. I am also reminded that we had been relegated from row I to row L - while on the newly booked occasion we will be as far back as row M. But I suppose their excuse will be social distancing.

PS: the snap above is of the second warning of this sort that I have had. I suppose I had better do something about it, tedious though it is. Not just HSBC (of reference 3) that is getting paranoid about security.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2021/06/sunflowers.html.

Reference 2: http://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/03/penultimate-outing.html.

Reference 3: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2021/06/trial-by-call-centre.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment