Friday 11 June 2021

Eventful start

Slow start to my laptop this morning, on account of it having taken some Windows update on closing down yesterday. This on account of my having opted to take any updates that Office 365 care to throw at me. Can't be bothered to do anything more sophisticated and one does have the satisfaction of knowing that one's software is up to date - even if odd things change from time to time. Software engineers do love to fiddle! And when Edge did start up, the Financial Times was up and running; Google was up and running - but the (rather trashy) Microsoft News service failed. I don't think such a thing has happened to me before. But it was back a few minutes later.

A little later, I took my weekly (or perhaps fortnightly) survey from YouGov. Today they were interested in my views on the twenty or so brands of car that I had heard of out of the twenty five or so offered. Particularly interested in my views on tyres and hybrids. Once again, I had to say that I had no views on such matters. I had seen no advertisements, I had heard nothing about them, either for or against. I didn't care if my nearest and dearest went to work for any of them. And no, it was not at all likely that I would buy either car or tyres in the next twelve months. Once again, I wondered what proportion of their presumably large panel have more interesting views on such matters.

Slight interest in what I did on television last night, but I made a mistake there, so they never got to know - going back to correct a mistake not being an option. Very slight interest in matters COVID and that was the lot. 

Still hundreds of points away from obtaining my loyalty reward. I suspect them of slipping the threshold up a bit on each occasion, so you never get to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment